“Thank you for helping with my lawsuit for the car wreck. You did a wonderful, professional job and I would recommend you to anyone. Once again, thank you very much.”
– Rodeo Post
“Without the help of Kevan Montoya I know that I would not have had the successful outcome that was achieved. He took a very difficult situation and made sure that the truth was told, presently and perfectly. He was a calm and confident presence during this difficult time for our family. I very much appreciate the knowledge and support I received from Mr. Montoya. I highly recommend this firm.”
– April Adkison
“Kevan Montoya and his staff are incredible! I was able to concentrate on healing and my family instead of insurance companies and paperwork. Not only are the staff empathetic and efficient, Mr. Montoya was tenacious in making sure that my interests were considered. They’ve got your back!”
– Lisa Allen (Yakima, WA)
If you’ve been seriously burned, dealing with the pain and suffering resulting from your injuries is incredibly difficult. If your burns resulted from an accident caused by someone’s negligence, then you deserve compensation for your injuries and should speak with our Yakima burn injury lawyers right away. When you work with our burn injury lawyers at Montoya Hinckley, you’ll work with an experienced, hardworking legal team you can trust.
We put our clients’ interests first and remain resolute in obtaining damages for you. Contact us at 509-895-7373 for a free and confidential consultation about your case.
A Burn Injury Attorney in Yakima Can Help You Recover Compensation
Following a devastating burn injury, working with our burn injury attorneys in Yakima will provide your best path toward filing an injury claim and recovering compensation for your injury-related expenses.
So, what types of compensation can a burn injury lawsuit recover? Personal injury lawyers typically seek compensation for economic damages and for non-economic damages. Economic damages include monetarily quantifiable losses, such as income and medical bills, while non-economic damages include non-quantifiable damages, such as pain and suffering, disability, disfigurement, and emotional distress.
An award settlement for a burn injury lawsuit may include reimbursement for economic damages such as:
- Medical expenses, doctors’ bills, and therapy costs
- Lost wages if you were unable to work following your burn injury
- Loss of future earning capacity if you cannot perform the same job
- Costs for in-home care, rehabilitative services, and other care-related costs
A burn injury attorney can also help recover compensation for non-economic damages such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Psychological stress and mental harm resulting from burn injuries and traumatic accidents
If you’ve suffered serious burns in an accident, you may be able to recover more damages than you realize. That’s why it’s important to speak with an experienced burn injury lawyer who can carefully assess your case and situation and help ensure that you recover maximum compensation.
How a Burn Injury Lawyer Holds Negligent Parties Responsible
Negligence Plays a Key Role in Many Accident Cases
In most cases, burns happen as a result of an accident, whether at home, in the workplace, while commuting, or in any almost any other setting imaginable. Because so many accidents could have been avoided if a person had acted with reasonable care, a negligent party may be to blame for your burn injuries.
As with any personal injury case, a successful burn injury claim often depends on demonstrating negligence. After learning more about you and your case, our Yakima burn injury lawyers will look for evidence that reveals a person’s or entity’s negligence. The four legal components used to demonstrate negligence include:
- Duty – The at fault part owed you a duty of care not to cause harm.
- Breach – The at fault party breached this duty of care as a result of negligence or a wrongful act.
- Cause – These actions and breached duty of care directly caused an accident that harmed you.
- Damages – You suffered injuries, physical or otherwise, as a result of this negligence and are owed damages.
While accident scenarios change, these four legal components are critical to prove.
By speaking with burn injury lawyers as soon as you’re able to after an accident, you can increase the likelihood of success for your accident case.
What Types of Accidents Do Burn Injury Lawyers Commonly See?
Accidents cause by someone else’s negligence can happen anywhere and everywhere. However, a burn injury attorney in Yakima will often see burn accidents resulting from one of several scenarios:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents – Motor vehicle accidents can lead to burn injuries after exposure to gasoline, flames, and other chemicals and harmful agents following a car accident. Hot metal and steam can also cause burns.
- Defective Products – Defective consumer goods used in the home or office for cooking, personal care, entertainment, and other uses can malfunction and cause burn injuries. In the workplace, defective equipment and machinery can also cause injuries, even when used properly.
- Building Fires – Structural fires in apartments, offices, hotels, and all other types of buildings can lead to burn injuries and smoke-inhalation injuries if occupants could not successfully escape from a burning building. Buildings follow strict codes related to egress and occupancy limits, and property managers are often negligent when codes are not followed.
While not all burn injuries result from flame damage, many such injuries can be tied to accidents. If you’ve been burned following an accident, you may be owed significant compensation. Instead of letting financial stress add to your pain and suffering, find out how Montoya Hinckley can can recover damages for you through a burn injury lawsuit.
What Types of Burns Do Burn Injury Lawyers Handle?
A Burn Injury Lawsuit Often Involves More Than Just Thermal Burns
Understanding what types of burns can occur and what causes them can help keep you safe. It can also help you to realize the causes behind your burn injuries, and to determine if you may be eligible for compensation in your burn injury case.
While you need to focus on healing after suffering any burn injury, you should realize that another party might be responsible for your accident. If that’s the case, our burn injury attorney can work to obtain damages on your behalf resulting from:
- Thermal Burns – Thermal burns result from coming in contact with flames or another external heat source, like hot metal or glass, that causes cell death and damage to skin.
- Scalding Burns – Coming into contact with hot water or hot steam can cause scalding burns. Even when no flames are present, scalding burns can cause serious injuries.
- Chemical Burns – Exposure to harmful chemicals, strong detergents and solvents can cause burn damage to exposed skin.
- Electrical Burns – Electrical injuries can result almost anywhere electrical appliances and devices or electricity are used. Faulty wiring or defective products can lead to severe electrical burns and injuries
No matter what type of burn you have suffered , you may be eligible for compensation if the injury occurred due to someone’s negligence or harmful intent. A burn injury lawyer can help you determine if you can recover damages after learning more about you and your case.
FAQs Regarding Burn Injury Cases
Common Questions for a Burn Injury Attorney
Before speaking with a burn injury attorney in Yakima, you’ll probably have many questions about your case. Below are several frequently asked questions that may cover some of your questions and concerns.
How much is my burn injury case worth?
How long will it take to obtain compensation for my burn injury case?
I suffered severe burns. Does that make my lawsuit more likely to succeed?
Can I file a burn injury lawsuit against the manufacturer of a product that burned me?
My burn injuries might require future treatments and surgery. How can I settle without knowing costs for future treatments?
How Can Our Yakima Burn Injury Lawyers Help You?
Contact the Montoya Hinckley to Learn More
Burn injury victims typically have to deal with extensive physical and mental pain and suffering. They should not have to face financial hardships on top of these existing difficulties. Injury victims who suffered as a result of someone else’s negligence should be able to obtain fair and full compensation for their accident-related expenses.
Our experienced, knowledgeable, and caring burn injury attorneys in Yakima are here to help you. Request a free and confidential consultation with Montoya Hinckley by calling 509-895-7373.