“Thank you for helping with my lawsuit for the car wreck. You did a wonderful, professional job and I would recommend you to anyone. Once again, thank you very much.”
– Rodeo Post
“Without the help of Kevan Montoya I know that I would not have had the successful outcome that was achieved. He took a very difficult situation and made sure that the truth was told, presently and perfectly. He was a calm and confident presence during this difficult time for our family. I very much appreciate the knowledge and support I received from Mr. Montoya. I highly recommend this firm.”
– April Adkison
“Kevan Montoya and his staff are incredible! I was able to concentrate on healing and my family instead of insurance companies and paperwork. Not only are the staff empathetic and efficient, Mr. Montoya was tenacious in making sure that my interests were considered. They’ve got your back!”
– Lisa Allen (Yakima, WA)
Have you been injured as a result of the negligence of another person or organization? If so, you should see us first. We are Central Washington personal injury lawyers. We can help you recover medical costs, lost wages, and damages for your injuries.
Central Washington Personal Injury Lawyers Are on Your Side
Working with Experienced Professionals Increases the Likelihood of Success
If you are injured and it is someone else’s fault, high quality, experienced legal representation is vital in order to receive fair compensation. The personal injury lawyers at Montoya Hinckley can help you. With over 40 years of combined experience serving clients in Central Washington, we are the accident attorneys you want on your side. Contact us today at 509-895-7373 for a free and confidential consultation to learn more about the value we can bring to your personal injury claim.
What Our Personal Injury Lawyers Will Do for You
Only an experienced attorney with courtroom experience knows the value of your case. We help you with every part of your injury claim and take the hassle out of dealing with insurance adjusters. We can tell you what your claim is worth and help you get the most out of your claim in court if they won’t settle. We will take care of everything so you can commit your time and efforts to your recovery.
As your personal injury attorney, we will:
Manage Your Bills: Medical bills can be confusing. If you sustained injuries in an accident, your mailbox is probably overflowing with statements. Each doctor, hospital, pharmacy, and physical therapist bills individually. Labs often invoice separately as well.
The sheer volume of bills is overwhelming, and the content can be difficult to decipher. Adding to the confusion is the likelihood that there will be multiple insurance companies involved. As your representative, we will coordinate with all medical professionals and insurance companies on your behalf. We will review all of your bills, ensure their accuracy, and submit them to the appropriate insurance agencies for reimbursement.
- Recover Your Lost Wages: Recovering from injuries takes time. Often, someone who is injured cannot go to work. If you have been hurt and cannot work, you should be paid for the time away from your job. After all, the incident in which you were injured was not your fault. Montoya Hinckley’s personal injury lawyers will advocate on your behalf and assist you in recovering your lost wages and benefits.
- Help You Receive Compensation for Your Injuries: Depending upon your injury and its cause, you may be eligible for damages for pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life, among other things. We always fully investigate each matter and identify all possible means of recovery from liable parties. We know what your claims are worth because we have substantial experience in injury claims.
We understand the emotional stress that you must be under, as well as the physical pain associated with your injuries. Recovering truly is a full-time job. As your personal injury attorney, we encourage you to focus on healing. We will take care of “all the rest.” When you work with us, you can rest assured no detail will be overlooked.
Central Washington Personal Injury Attorneys: Our Areas of Expertise
Determining Whether You Have a Valid Personal Injury Case
Daily, our attorneys are asked, “Do I have a personal injury case?” or “What is it worth?” In order to answer this question, we need to develop a clear picture of exactly what happened and learn about how it has affected you. We appreciate that no two cases are alike; therefore, we take the time to speak with you at length. We want to understand every last detail. The best way to know whether your case has merit is to speak with a personal injury attorney.
At Montoya Hinckley, our personal injury lawyers offer all potential accident clients a free consultation. If you have been in an accident and are wondering whether you have a case or what it’s worth, give us a call at 509-895-7373 today.
Once we have a good understanding of what happened and how it affected you, we can help determine whether you have a case and how we should move forward. It is important to recognize that being injured as a result of an accident, in and of itself, does not mean you have the right to a claim.
A major factor in determining whether your personal injury case is valid is being able to prove negligence or fault.
Our Central Washington Personal Injury Attorneys Answer the Question “What is Negligence?”
Negligence, with regard to a personal injury claim, has four parts: duty, breach, causation, and damages. To more clearly illustrate negligence, consider this scenario.
You are driving through an intersection when another driver fails to stop at a red light and T-bones your vehicle. As a result of the accident, you suffer a variety of injuries, including a concussion and several lacerations that require immediate transport to the emergency room, an MRI, and medication.
In order to have a valid personal injury case you must prove that:
- Duty Exists: Simply, this means one must act with a certain level of responsibility. In this example, the driver of the other vehicle was responsible for obeying the traffic signal at the intersection.
- A Breach of Duty Occurred: When a person or organization does not uphold their legal duty, then a breach has happened. In the example above, the driver breached his or her duty to obey the traffic signal by running the red light.
- There Was Causation: Are the injuries the direct result of the incident? Clearly, in the example, the injuries suffered by you, were caused by being hit by the driver who failed to stop at the red light.
- The Incident Results in Damages: Damages can take the form of medical bills and even personal property repairs. Without a doubt, the injuries shared in this example would necessitate an emergency room visit resulting in medical bills, medication, and possibly physical therapy, depending on the extent of the injuries. Additionally, in the example above, the driver’s failure to stop at the red light also damaged your property, and you may be able to sue for the repairs to, or replacement of, your vehicle. Finally, it is possible that you would be unable to work because of the concussion and lacerations, and you would not be paid. You may be entitled to lost wages and, perhaps, depending upon the circumstances, compensation for pain and suffering.
If you can show a duty, breach, causation, and damages in relation to your accident, then you may have a personal injury case for negligence.
Personal Injury Lawyers in Central Washington: Cases We Handle
We handle cases for responsible, honest people who have been hurt. As personal injury attorneys, we are experienced in handling cases that result from many different circumstances. Situations we handle include, but are not limited to:
- Automobile Accidents
- Governmental Negligence
- Dog Bites
- Truck Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
Based on years of experience, our personal injury lawyers know how to address each of these. We will leverage our knowledge on your behalf.
Contact Our Washington Personal Injury Lawyers
The Sooner You Call, the Sooner Our Team Can Get to Work
If you have been in an accident and believe it was the fault of another person or organization, contact the personal injury attorneys at Montoya Hinckley at 509-895-7373 today. Our professionals are well-versed in all aspects of personal injury law and can help you manage the process of filing a personal injury claim.
Additionally, we are well-known for our client-focused philosophy. We work closely with you to manage all aspects of the personal injury case process. We appreciate that these cases can take time, as the recovery for serious injuries is a complicated process.
Because we want to help you recover ALL of your costs and be compensated for the full extent of your injuries, we practice patience in every case.
We never rush to negotiate or litigate because in order to get you the best result, we need to make sure that we understand the full extent of your injuries, including any future damages that you may likely incur. In personal injury cases, patience is truly a virtue. Comprehending and addressing the entirety of your situation is one of the hallmarks of our best practices.
Finally, it is critical that you recognize that most personal injury cases settle out of court, and, honestly, that is okay. In fact, in most cases it is ideal.
Our end goal is to get you a fair settlement with compensation for all of your injuries, lost wages, damages to your property, and pain and suffering (if applicable). If we can achieve this without having to go to trial, it may be better for you. However, insurance companies are not always agreeable. And if you are not being treated fairly and the settlement you are offered is inadequate or inappropriate, we will not hesitate to take your case to court and aggressively fight for what you are rightfully entitled. Our injury attorneys are not only skilled negotiators, they are also successful litigators. They will leverage all of their legal skills for your benefit.
Contact our Washington personal injury lawyers today at 509-895-7373 if you have been injured in an accident. We will help to determine whether you have a case, and, if you do, we will work aggressively on your behalf to ensure that you receive an appropriate settlement.