“Thank you for helping with my lawsuit for the car wreck. You did a wonderful, professional job and I would recommend you to anyone. Once again, thank you very much.”
– Rodeo Post
“Without the help of Kevan Montoya I know that I would not have had the successful outcome that was achieved. He took a very difficult situation and made sure that the truth was told, presently and perfectly. He was a calm and confident presence during this difficult time for our family. I very much appreciate the knowledge and support I received from Mr. Montoya. I highly recommend this firm.”
– April Adkison
“Kevan Montoya and his staff are incredible! I was able to concentrate on healing and my family instead of insurance companies and paperwork. Not only are the staff empathetic and efficient, Mr. Montoya was tenacious in making sure that my interests were considered. They’ve got your back!”
– Lisa Allen (Yakima, WA)
For over thirty years, Mr. Montoya has successfully represented clients in litigation involving multi-million dollar cases involving wrongful death, employment and business and commercial disputes. He regularly counsels businesses in Yakima and Central Washington on employment policies and helps businesses train employees regarding employment law compliance. He regularly speaks on employment issues.
INJURY AND DEATH CASES
When you have been injured, you need to be confident that your lawyer will fight for you, not settle to avoid a trial. At Montoya Hinckley, we are committed to representing your best interest.
If you have an offer from an insurance company and want to know if it is a fair offer, give us a call. We are glad to sit down with you an tell you your options.
In Hui v. Sunnyside School District, Mr. Montoya was lead counsel for Plaintiffs who were awarded the largest verdict in a wrongful death case of a child in Yakima County. He has represented plaintiffs and defendants in many other injury and death cases, large and small. He will take your case to trial or settle it, depending on what is best for you.
EMPLOYMENT AND LABOR EXPERIENCE
When you work with Mr. Montoya, you see how much better it is to talk to an experienced employment law attorney in Yakima. We help businesses minimize their risk by giving advice on employment related issues before they become lawsuits. If you are concerned about an employee situation or want to know what your rights are, contact us. You will see the difference that a smart, experienced attorney makes when you need to avoid a problem or when you have to go to court.
Mr. Montoya regularly advises businesses on employment and labor law issues. He assists businesses with policy manuals and questions regarding compliance with labor and employment laws. He also represents businesses before administrative agencies and in all levels of court.
BUSINESS, REAL ESTATE AND EMPLOYMENT RELATED LITIGATION
Mr. Montoya has extensive experience representing businesses and individuals in trial throughout the state of Washington. If you need someone who will fight for your rights, he is the right choice. When you come to Montoya Hinckley, you will not only get attorneys who can successfully represent you in trial and on appeal. Mr. Montoya has represented many clients before the Washington State Appellate Courts and before the Washington State Supreme Court. Some of his cases include:
- Stelter v. Department of Labor and Industries: Helped a local employer establish an exemption from labor and industries coverage.
- Kershaw Sunnyside Ranches v. Yakima Interurban Lines: Assisted a private property owner to prevent the taking of his property without compensation.
- Cook v. Mt. Adams School District: Successfully argued for the use of arbitration over court action.
- Eastern Washington University, (B.A. in Business Administration, summa cum laude, in 1985);
- University of Oregon Law School (J.D. 1989);
- Associate editor of the University of Oregon Law Review (1988 to 1989).
Admitted to Practice
- Admitted to practice in Washington, Oregon, Federal Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Washington, and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Yakima County Bar Association, Washington State Bar Association and Oregon State Bar Association.
- Mr. Montoya is a member of Yakima Downtown Rotary. He is the past Chair of the Board of Directors for EPIC and is Past President of the Monsignor John A. Ecker Foundation.
- Past President of Yakima County Association