“Thank you for helping with my lawsuit for the car wreck. You did a wonderful, professional job and I would recommend you to anyone. Once again, thank you very much.”
– Rodeo Post
“Without the help of Kevan Montoya I know that I would not have had the successful outcome that was achieved. He took a very difficult situation and made sure that the truth was told, presently and perfectly. He was a calm and confident presence during this difficult time for our family. I very much appreciate the knowledge and support I received from Mr. Montoya. I highly recommend this firm.”
– April Adkison
“Kevan Montoya and his staff are incredible! I was able to concentrate on healing and my family instead of insurance companies and paperwork. Not only are the staff empathetic and efficient, Mr. Montoya was tenacious in making sure that my interests were considered. They’ve got your back!”
– Lisa Allen (Yakima, WA)
Montoya Hinckley. We Fight. We Win.
Get your free consultation now. Find out how our car accident lawyers can help you today. Call 509-895-7373.
Car accidents occur all too frequently. In fact, according to the Washington State Department of Transportation and its Crash Data Portal, more than 82,000 automobile accidents occurred in the state in 2020.
If you or a loved one has been in a car accident where someone else was at fault, you are likely upset. The experience can be traumatizing. Additionally, your car may be damaged, you may be unable to work, and you or a loved one may be facing a long hospital stay. Costs to repair or replace your car and regain your health can be considerable. We can help you seek to recover those costs and any other damages to which you are entitled. If you have been in an accident due to someone else’s negligence in Washington, contact our Yakima car accident attorneys today at 509-895-7373.
Why You Should Choose Us
Trust the Decades of Experience from Our Car Accident Lawyers in Yakima
The attorneys at Montoya Hinckley cannot promise that we will win your case or that we will win a particular amount for you in damages. That would be unethical. What we can promise is that we will always fight as hard as we can on your behalf, forcing insurance companies to treat you fairly and with respect. We will seek every dollar we believe you deserve for your injuries.
Attorney Kevan Montoya has experience winning cases involving multimillion-dollar damages for personal injury and wrongful death cases. He believes in always doing what is best for our clients, regardless of the amount of time involved. He also believes strongly in the power of preparation when representing car accident victims in negotiations or in court cases.
Attorney Tyler Hinckley knows the ins and outs of trying a personal injury case, always working toward a great outcome for you. He knows the importance of communication with our clients. He never wants you to be wondering about the status of your case, and the best way to keep you informed is through regular communication.
At Montoya Hinckley, We Bring Aggressive, Skilled Representation
OUR YAKIMA CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS HAVE MORE THAN FOUR DECADES OF EXPERIENCE. WE KNOW HOW TO HELP YOU NAVIGATE THE MEDICAL AND CLAIMS PROCESSES THAT INEVITABLY FOLLOW A CAR ACCIDENT.
If you have been injured in an auto accident, it is incredibly important to gain an understanding of your legal options. We have the experience, knowledge, and skill to help determine whether you have a case. If you do, we will use our expertise to get you the compensation you deserve. Contact us today at 509-895-7373 for a free and confidential consultation.
Trust Our Yakima Car Accident Lawyer to Go to Battle for You Against Unfair Insurers
After your accident you may wonder if you really do need the assistance of a car accident lawyer, especially if the person you believe was responsible for the crash has auto insurance. After all, isn’t it easier to take their insurance information, contact the agency, and file for reimbursement?
Unfortunately, an insurance company is not going to give you fair compensation for your injuries. Once you take the money they offer you and sign a release, you can never request more money later if you discover new injuries. At Montoya Hinckley, our car accident lawyers in Yakima will provide you with:
- Counsel: If you have been involved in a car accident, you will likely have a lot of questions. We can help you with everything, from identifying the correct insurance company, to contact about the crash, to providing advice on how to behave.
- Representation: As your attorney, we will serve as your representative, not only in court but also in communication with all involved parties. We will speak with investigators, attorneys, and insurance companies on your behalf. We are your advocate for the entirety of the process.
- Insight: Often, even with a police report, the facts of a case can be unclear. As car accident lawyers in Yakima, we have a wealth of resources to tap on your behalf. We can engage an investigator if need be. Our car accident attorney will even review all your medical records to make sure the amount we attempt to recover on your behalf encompasses everything, including pain and suffering.
- Negotiation: A significant number of car accident cases settle before they ever get to court. That said, you want an experienced negotiator to handle the process on your behalf. Montoya Hinckley attorneys are highly skilled negotiators and will do everything we can to provide the best possible outcome for you. Should we fail to reach an agreement with the other party, we will represent you at trial, making the strongest possible case for compensation.
With more than 40 years of combined experience, we are ready to go to work for you today.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS REGARDING WHAT OUR YAKIMA CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER CAN HANDLE ON YOUR BEHALF, GIVE OUR OFFICE A CALL AT 509-895-7373.GET YOUR FREE CONSULT
Our Yakima Car Accident Lawyer Can Help You Understand Whether You Have a Case
Whether your car accident case will be successful depends on what happened, your injuries, and who is deemed responsible. If you are in a multi-car accident and one of the other drivers was not taking reasonable care when driving (and you can prove it), you may have a case. Examples of not taking reasonable care can include:
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Texting or talking on the phone while driving
- Speeding or violating other traffic laws
- Not paying attention
- Driving while fatigued and falling asleep.
Additionally, after injuries in a single-car accident, you may still be eligible for compensation. Understand, though, that if you are looking to file a personal injury claim, your injuries must be a direct result of the accident.
RATHER THAN WONDER WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE A CASE, COUNT ON OUR EXPERTISE AND EXPERIENCE. TALK TO OUR CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER TODAY AND FIND OUT.
CALL US AT 509-895-7373.
Our Car Accident Attorney Knows the Ins and Outs of Insurance Claims
Understanding what you should and should not do if you are in an auto accident is important to your chance of recovering full compensation for your injuries. What seems like it should be common sense can be confusing, especially to someone who recently experienced the trauma that often results from a car accident. Our car accident attorney will share with you some very specific guidelines.
We recommend having underinsured/uninsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage on your vehicles, because so many people who are driving do not have insurance or do not have adequate insurance to pay you for damages, even though they have liability for causing the accident.
FAQ: Common Questions for Our Yakima Car Accident Lawyer
As we meet with our various clients, we receive several questions repeatedly. This is understandable, as we deal with the aftermath of car crashes every day, while victims of these crashes hopefully only have to go through this once in their lives. Here are some common questions we receive.
Should I speak with the insurance company after my car accident?
After a vehicular accident with minor injuries, you may be able to deal with the insurer on your own. However, if you have major injuries that will affect your life going forward for a car accident that was not your fault, our Yakima car accident lawyer can speak with the insurer on your behalf, giving you time to heal, while ensuring the insurer doesn’t trick you into saying something you shouldn’t.
Can I hire an attorney after talking with the insurance company myself?
Yes, you can hire our Yakima car accident lawyers at any point in the process, as long as you did not agree to conclude the case. Once you sign an agreement and receive damages, the case is no longer active, and hiring an attorney will not help you.
What if I need to miss work after my car accident?
If another driver hit you and caused your injuries, forcing you to miss work, you may be able to receive compensation for any wages you could not earn. We would recommend that you follow your doctor’s advice about when you should return to work.
What if my car crash injuries leave me unable to enjoy my favorite activities?
Unfortunately, severe car accidents can leave the victim with lifelong injuries, disabilities, or brain injuries. If another driver’s negligence left you with such injuries, trust our Yakima car accident lawyer to fight hard on your behalf to try to win pain and suffering damages for you as compensation for your reduction in quality of life.
How long does a car accident case take to settle?
Our Yakima car accident lawyer settles some cases within a few months, while other cases can take a few years or more. The length of the case depends on the severity of your injuries and whether the insurance company is willing to settle without going to trial.
Is it expensive to hire attorneys after my car accident?
At Montoya Hinckley, we work on a contingency fee basis. This means we do not charge clients any money up front. We do not charge on an hourly basis, either. Instead, our fee is a percentage of the final amount of damages in the case. If we do not win damages for you, we do not receive any fee.
Will my car accident injury case go to trial?
Only a small percentage of personal injury cases after a car crash end up going to trial. However, this is always a possibility in an injury lawsuit after a car accident that was not your fault. Trust the team at Montoya Hinckley to give you advice about whether we should take your case to trial to have the best chance at winning maximum damages. The final decision always rests with you, however.
Once you choose to hire our Yakima car accident attorneys to represent you, trust that we will spend whatever time we require to investigate your case and to explain your options. You and our team will work closely together to formulate a strategy and to carry it through, always working toward the best possible outcome.
Our Yakima Car Accident Lawyer Guides You Through the Important Steps You Must Follow
There are several things you should do if you are in a car accident. They include:
- Contact Law Enforcement: As soon as you are able, call the police to report the accident. They will come to your location to see what happened. Their report plays an important role in any lawsuit you may file.
- Seek Medical Attention: If you are injured, you should visit your doctor or the hospital as quickly as possible after the accident. Often, motorists leave the crash believing they are fine. But days later, they recognize that they were injured. The shock of being in a car accident can cause a rush in adrenaline that blocks pain, and you may not realize that you are hurt. Additionally, other injuries – like a sore back — can creep up in the days following an accident. You may feel worse days later than you did immediately after impact.
- Listen to Your Doctors: Make sure you take the advice of your doctors and medical personnel. Heed their recommendations. If physical therapy is recommended, attend all sessions prescribed. Do not miss follow-up appointments. Your activity must be consistent with the injuries you claim in order to maximize your damages.
- Contact Our Yakima Car Accident Lawyer: As soon as possible after the accident, contact us at 509-895-7373. We can help determine whether your personal injury case will be valid and, if so, assist you in managing the process. We advise our clients to not speak with anyone regarding the accident. Allow us to communicate on your behalf. Conversations with insurance adjusters and other attorneys should be avoided without having counsel present on your behalf. It is critical to understand that insurance companies may try to use anything you say against you when determining the financial offer they will make. The insurance companies are not trying to help you — they are protecting themselves and their assets.
Do Not Post on Social Media After the Accident
Additionally, our Yakima car accident lawyer always tells our clients, “Don’t post on social media.” We know this is difficult. Sometimes a Facebook or Instagram post is the simplest way to let your friends and family know what happened and that you are safe. However, everything that you post is subject to scrutiny. Even innocent comments and photos can be used against you.
For example, if you were hurt in the accident, and later post photos enjoying dinner at a restaurant or playing with the kids, the severity of your injuries and your pain can be in question. While you may think you can censor yourself and only post appropriate content, the risk is not worth the reward. Just stop sharing.
Our Yakima Car Accident Attorneys Will Investigate Your Case Thoroughly
At Montoya Hinckley, We Know the Importance of Determining the Facts About the Crash
The underlying causes of auto accidents are numerous and varied. They include, but are not limited to:
- Reckless driving
- Drunk driving or driving under the influence of drugs
- Texting and driving
- Defective automobiles
- Improper car maintenance
- Inclement weather conditions
- Tired drivers
Your accident may have been the result of any one of these, or even a combination of them. Negligent actions can trace back to multiple people/organizations. Causation is not always clear. Our team can examine all the details of your case to determine what compensation you should seek after your car accident.
Our Yakima Car Accident Lawyers Will Investigate Each Area Where You May Receive Damages
Nearly every potential client we speak with eventually asks us a question about what they will receive financially. The answer to this question differs in each case, depending upon the circumstances of the accident. Generally, areas where you may be able to receive compensation include:
- Property damage and loss
- Medical expenses
- Wage loss
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life.
If Your Case Goes to Trial, Our Car Accident Lawyer Will Stand With You
We will fight for your rights to fair compensation from all liable parties and all insurance companies. And we will leverage our knowledge of the law and our understanding of your case to determine whether going to trial would benefit you. We are aware of the minimum liability insurance coverage laws in Washington as well as regulations surrounding uninsured and underinsured motorists and the contributory fault law. We will take all of this into account when advising you.
If going to trial is the best course of action, we will represent you in court. Our attorneys will help you hold the liable party accountable and take all the necessary steps for you to recover damages to pay all your expenses and to reimburse you for any reduction in your quality of life going forward.
Reach Out to Our Yakima Car Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
At Montoya Hinckley, initial consultations are always free for auto accident victims. Even after you choose to hire us, you do not pay a fee unless our Yakima car accident lawyers are successful in recovering compensation for you. We have personal investment in your success.
Contact us today at 509-895-7373. We look forward to putting our resources to work for you, taking every step necessary to determine whether you have a valid claim and, if so, ensuring you get appropriate compensation.