“Thank you for helping with my lawsuit for the car wreck. You did a wonderful, professional job and I would recommend you to anyone. Once again, thank you very much.”
– Rodeo Post
“Without the help of Kevan Montoya I know that I would not have had the successful outcome that was achieved. He took a very difficult situation and made sure that the truth was told, presently and perfectly. He was a calm and confident presence during this difficult time for our family. I very much appreciate the knowledge and support I received from Mr. Montoya. I highly recommend this firm.”
– April Adkison
“Kevan Montoya and his staff are incredible! I was able to concentrate on healing and my family instead of insurance companies and paperwork. Not only are the staff empathetic and efficient, Mr. Montoya was tenacious in making sure that my interests were considered. They’ve got your back!”
– Lisa Allen (Yakima, WA)
Car accidents occur all too frequently. In fact, according to the Washington State Department of Transportation and their Crash Data Portal, there were over 82,000 automobile accidents in the state in 2020.
If you or a loved one has been in a car accident, you are likely upset. The experience can be traumatizing. Additionally, your car may be damaged, you may be unable to work, and you or a loved one may be injured. Costs to repair or replace your car and regain your health can be considerable. We can help you recover those costs and any other damages to which you are entitled. If you have been in an accident due to someone else’s negligence in Washington, contact your Yakima car accident attorney today at 509-895-7373.
Yakima Car Accident Lawyers: Serving the Injured in Washington
Depend on Montoya Hinckley. Our experience means you’ll get aggressive, skilled representation.
Our car accident attorneys have over four decades of experience. We know how to help you navigate the medical and claims processes that invariably follow a car accident.
If you have been injured in an auto accident, it is incredibly important to gain an understanding of your legal options. We have the experience, knowledge, and skill to help determine whether you have a case. If you do, we will use our expertise to get you the compensation you deserve. Contact us today at 509-895-7373 for a free and confidential consultation.
Will My Car Accident Case Be Successful?
Whether your car accident case will be successful is determined by what happened, your injuries, and who is deemed responsible. If you are in a multi-car accident and one of the other drivers was not taking reasonable care when driving (and you can prove it), you may have a case. Examples of not taking reasonable care can include driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, texting or talking on the phone while driving, speeding, not paying attention, or even falling asleep. Additionally, if injured in a single-car accident, you may still be eligible for compensation. Finally, if you are looking to file a personal injury claim, your injuries must be a direct result of the accident.
Car Accident Lawyers in Yakima Advise Their Clients
Understanding what you should and should not do if you are in an auto accident is important to your chance of recovering full compensation for your damages.
What seems like it should be common sense can be confusing, especially to someone who has recently experienced the trauma that often results from a car accident. Your car accident attorney will share with you some very specific guidelines.
We recommend having underinsured/uninsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage on your vehicles because so many people who are driving do not have insurance, or do not have adequate insurance, to pay for damages even though they are liable for causing the accident.
What to Do After Your Car Accident
There are several things you should do if you are in a car accident. They include:
- Contact Law Enforcement: As soon as you are able, call the police to report the accident. They will come to your location to see what happened. Their report plays an important role in any lawsuit you may file.
- Seek Medical Attention: If you are injured, you should visit your doctor or the hospital as quickly as possible after the accident. Often motorists leave the crash believing they are fine and days later recognize that they were injured. The shock of being in a car accident can cause a rush in adrenaline that blocks pain; you may not realize that you are hurt. Additionally, other injuries – like a sore back — can creep up in the days following an accident. You may feel worse days later than you did immediately after impact.
- Listen to Your Doctors: Make sure you take the advice of your doctors and medical personnel and heed their recommendations. If physical therapy is recommended, attend all sessions prescribed. Do not miss follow-up appointments. Your activity must be consistent with the injuries you claim in order to maximize your settlement.
- Contact a Car Accident Lawyer: As soon as possible after the accident, contact us at 509-895-7373. We can help determine whether your personal injury case will be valid and, if so, assist you in managing the process. We advise our clients to not speak with anyone regarding the accident. Allow us to communicate on your behalf. Conversations with insurance adjustors and other attorneys should be avoided without having counsel present on your behalf. It is critical to understand that insurance companies may try to use anything you say against you when determining a settlement. The insurance companies are not trying to help you — they are protecting themselves and their assets.
What Not to Do After a Car Accident
Additionally, our Yakima car accident attorneys tell our clients “Don’t post on social media.” We know this is difficult. Sometimes a Facebook or Instagram post is the simplest way to let your friends and family know what happened and that you are safe. However, everything that you post is subject to scrutiny. Even innocent comments and photos can be used against you.
For example, if you were hurt in the accident, and later post photos enjoying dinner at a restaurant, the severity of your injuries and your pain can be questioned. While you may think you can censor yourself and only post appropriate content, the risk is not worth the reward. Simply stop sharing.
Our Yakima Car Accident Lawyers Share the Facts
Recognizing the Causes of Auto Accidents
The underlying causes of auto accidents are numerous and varied. They include, but are not limited to:
- Reckless driving
- Drunk driving or driving under the influence of drugs
- Texting and driving
- Defective automobiles
- Improper car maintenance
- Inclement weather conditions
- Tired drivers.
Your accident may have been the result of any one of these, or even a combination. Negligent actions can trace back to multiple people/organizations. Causation is not always clear. Our team can examine all the details of your case to determine what compensation you should be owed after your car accident.
Why You Need a Yakima Car Accident Attorney
After your accident you may wonder if you really do need the assistance of a car accident lawyer, especially if the person you believe was responsible has auto insurance. After all, isn’t it easier to take their insurance information, contact the agency, and file for reimbursement?
Unfortunately, an insurance company is not going to give you fair compensation for your injuries, and once you take the money they offer you and sign a release, you can never go get more. At Montoya Hinckley, our car accident lawyers in Yakima will provide you with:
- Counsel: If you have been involved in a car accident, you will likely have a lot of questions. We can help you with everything, from identifying the correct insurance company to submit your medical bills to, to providing advice on how to behave.
- Representation: As your attorney, we will serve as your representative, not only in court but also in communication with all involved parties. We will speak with investigators, attorneys, and insurance companies on your behalf. We are your advocate for the entirety of the process.
- Insight: Often, even with a police report, the facts of a case can be unclear. As car accident lawyers in Yakima, we have a wealth of resources to tap on your behalf. We can engage an investigator if need be. We will even review all your medical records to make sure the amount we attempt to recover on your behalf encompasses everything, including pain and suffering.
- Negotiation:A significant number of car accident cases settle before they ever get to court. That said, you want an experienced negotiator to handle the process on your behalf. Montoya Hinckley attorneys are highly skilled negotiators and will make sure you get the best possible settlement. Should we fail to reach an agreement with the other party, we will represent you at trial, making the strongest possible case for compensation.
With over 40 years of combined experience, our car accident attorneys are ready to go to work for you today.
If you have questions regarding what our car accident lawyers can handle on your behalf, give our office a call at 509-895-7373.
What Can I Expect in a Car Accident Settlement?
The bottom line is that everyone wants to know what they will get. The answer to this question differs in each case, depending upon the circumstances of the accident. Generally, areas where you may be able to be compensated include:
- Property Damage and Loss
- Medical Expenses
- Wage Loss
- Emotional Distress
- Pain and Suffering
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life
The Value of Working with a Montoya Hinckley Car Accident Lawyer
Our Car Accident Attorneys in Yakima will Aggressively Represent You
We will fight for your rights to fair compensation from all liable parties and all insurance companies. And we will leverage our knowledge of the law and our understanding of your case to determine whether going to trial would be of benefit to you. We are aware of the minimum liability insurance coverage laws in Washington as well as regulations surrounding uninsured and underinsured motorists and the contributory fault law. We will take this into account when advising you. If going to trial is the best course of action, we will represent you in court. Our attorneys will help you hold the liable party accountable and fight hard for you to recover funds to pay all your expenses.
Call Our Car Accident Lawyers in Yakima Today
At Montoya Hinckley, consultations are always free for auto accident victims. Additionally, you do not pay a fee unless we are successful in recovering compensation for you. We are personally invested in your success.
Contact us today at 509-895-7373. We look forward to putting our resources to work for you, taking every step necessary to determine whether you have a valid claim and, if so, ensuring you get appropriate compensation.