“Thank you for helping with my lawsuit for the car wreck. You did a wonderful, professional job and I would recommend you to anyone. Once again, thank you very much.”
– Rodeo Post
“Without the help of Kevan Montoya I know that I would not have had the successful outcome that was achieved. He took a very difficult situation and made sure that the truth was told, presently and perfectly. He was a calm and confident presence during this difficult time for our family. I very much appreciate the knowledge and support I received from Mr. Montoya. I highly recommend this firm.”
– April Adkison
“Kevan Montoya and his staff are incredible! I was able to concentrate on healing and my family instead of insurance companies and paperwork. Not only are the staff empathetic and efficient, Mr. Montoya was tenacious in making sure that my interests were considered. They’ve got your back!”
– Lisa Allen (Yakima, WA)
Product Liability Lawyers in Yakima
A Yakima Product Liability Lawyer Who Will Represent You Aggressively
We’ll go toe-to-toe with big corporate manufacturers.
All Product Liability Lawyers Are Not Created Equal
When you choose Montoya Hinckley Law Firm, you’re choosing the best.
- A winning track record for significant product liability lawsuit settlements and awards
- Top-notch client service that ensures your questions will be answered and your phone calls returned promptly
- A deep knowledge of local courts and judges
- Access to attorneys themselves rather than having to deal with junior staff at larger national firms
- The toughness and commitment to recover the largest payouts possible.
A Yakima Product Liability Attorney Explains the Elements of a Case
Product Liability Theories: We will answer your questions and explain your legal options.
- The product posed a danger because the manufacturer failed to provide adequate warnings.
- The product’s design was not “reasonably safe.”
- The manufacturer didn’t exhibit “reasonable care” in informing the public/consumer of the danger if the defect was discovered after it was sold.
Product Liability Theories
What Does the Law Say About a Product Injury Lawsuit?
Washington state laws impact product liability claims.
What Damages Can I Recover in a Product Liability Lawsuit?
- Medical bills (current and future)
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Funeral and burials costs (in the case of a wrongful death).
- A manufacturer may be a seller, but a seller is not necessarily a manufacturer.
- A manufacturer’s liability may arise from the product design, inadequate warnings, product construction, or express or implied warranties.
- A product seller’s liability may arise from intentionally misrepresenting aspects of the product, negligence, or breaching a warranty.
- There are specific circumstances when a seller faces the same “strict liability” standards that a manufacturer does.
What Does Not Constitute a Product Liability Case?
Not every injury will lead to a successful claim.
- If a plaintiff cannot show that the injury was caused by the consumer product.
- If a fall, burn, crash or other injury can be shown to have been caused by other factors such as intoxication or reckless behavior.
- The injury was so minor (such as a scratch or small bruise) that any damages would be minimal.
Statute of Limitations for a Product Liability Lawsuit in Washington
CONTACT A YAKIMA PRODUCT LIABILITY LAWYER TODAY
If you or a loved one has been injured due to a defective or dangerous consumer product, you may be entitled to financial compensation. There’s nothing worse than buying an appliance, power tool, or piece of furniture for your home or trusting a piece of machinery at work, only to discover that it has been poorly designed or constructed, resulting in a burn, laceration or broken bones for you. It is especially heartbreaking if the manufacturer is guilty of gross negligence and knowingly sold a product the company knew, or could reasonably assume, was defective.
A product liability lawyer can assess your situation, answer your questions and explain whether or not you may have a claim. Additionally, if your loved one has died due to a defective product, you may have a wrongful death claim. To find out more about how a skilled and experienced product liability attorney can help, call Montoya Hinckley Law Firm at 509-895-7373 for a free initial consultation.