“Thank you for helping with my lawsuit for the car wreck. You did a wonderful, professional job and I would recommend you to anyone. Once again, thank you very much.”
– Rodeo Post
“Without the help of Kevan Montoya I know that I would not have had the successful outcome that was achieved. He took a very difficult situation and made sure that the truth was told, presently and perfectly. He was a calm and confident presence during this difficult time for our family. I very much appreciate the knowledge and support I received from Mr. Montoya. I highly recommend this firm.”
– April Adkison
“Kevan Montoya and his staff are incredible! I was able to concentrate on healing and my family instead of insurance companies and paperwork. Not only are the staff empathetic and efficient, Mr. Montoya was tenacious in making sure that my interests were considered. They’ve got your back!”
– Lisa Allen (Yakima, WA)
Our Yakima Boating Accident Lawyers Can Help if Your Accident Was Caused by Another Party’s Negligence
Depend on Montoya Hinckley. Our experience means you’ll get aggressive, skilled representation to get the compensation you deserve.
When You Work with our Boating Accident Lawyers, You’re Treated with Compassion and Respect
How a Boating Accident Attorney Can Help You with a Boat Accident Lawsuit
Our Boating Accident Attorneys Know How to Fight for Compensation for Your Losses
- Listening to your version of what happened and who you think the liable parties might be.
- Conducting investigations to gather evidence about how the boating accident happened, such as from photographs and videos, and police, ambulance, and medical records and reports.
- Interviewing witnesses and first responders.
- Hiring experts to reconstruct the accident and provide testimony as to how it occurred, who was at fault, and the resulting negative effects on your life.
- Locating all potential defendants who may have been at fault.
- Filing all paperwork and handling all legal procedures and court appearances in compliance with legal requirements and deadlines.
- Dealing with insurance companies and their lawyers and negotiating for a fair settlement that covers all your losses.
- Building your case and taking it to trial, if necessary, and arguing in front of a judge or jury.
Our Attorneys Know What Commonly Causes Boating Accidents
- Operator inattention
- Improper lookout
- Operator inexperience
- Machinery failure
- Excessive speed
- Alcohol use
- Navigation rules violation
- Hazardous waters
- Force of a wave or wake
How Boat Accident Lawyers Prove Negligence
To win your lawsuit, our attorneys must prove that the defendant in the case was negligent and at fault, and therefore legally liable for causing the boating accident.
- Duty: The defendant had a duty of care not to cause harm.
- Breach: The defendant breached this duty by acting or failing to act.
- Cause: The defendant’s wrongful act, neglect, or failure to act caused the accident that led to your injuries.
- Damages: You suffered damages as a result.
- Operating a boat while intoxicated
- Failing to pay attention
- Traveling at an illegal speed
- Driving recklessly
- Failing to heed posted signs or directions
- Letting a minor drive the boat
- Boating without the proper safety equipment on board
Damage Awards a Yakima Boating Accident Attorney Can Win for You
Our Boating Accident Lawyers Will fight for an Award that Covers Your Economic and Noneconomic Damages
- Medical and rehabilitation expenses
- Property damages
- Wage losses if you are unable to work
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress and mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Factors in the Amounts of Damage Awards in a Boating Accident Case
- The extent, severity, and permanence of your injury
- Whether you will need continuing care
- Your age, earning capacity, and family situation
- Whether you will be able to work in the future
- Whether a death has occurred
- The amount of insurance and personal assets of the defendants
- The individual judge and jury in the case
- The availability of evidence to prove fault
- The ability to prove noneconomic damages
- The skill of your attorneys
Frequently Asked Questions About Injuries in Boating Accidents
Here are some answers to common questions our Yakima boating accident attorneys are often asked:
Who is liable in a boating accident?
Should I Accept an Offer from the Insurance Company?
What happens if a death occurs from the accident?
What if I am partially at fault for what happened?
Contact Our Boating Accident Attorneys in Yakima
At Montoya Hinckley, we understand how difficult it is for you to be a victim of a boating accident, and we will be there to advocate for justice and the settlement you deserve. We are well-known for our client-focused-service philosophy and will work closely with you to provide support, answer your questions and concerns, and manage all aspects of your claim process.
Don’t delay, as evidence tends to disappear over time and there are deadlines for filing a claim.
If you have been injured in a boating accident due to the fault of another person or organization, call our boating accident attorneys at Montoya Hinckley today at 509-895-7373 to get started with a free consultation.